Dr Charles Tant
Dr Charles Tant holds a PhD in Social work from Charles Sturt University and a Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution from The Institute of Social Relations. He is a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner accredited by the Attorney General's Department. He is also a mental health social worker and registered Medicare provider accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers. Dr Tant has helped people as a senior counsellor and mediator for over fifteen years at Relationships SA.
Ms Victoria Turner
Ms Victoria Turner was awarded a BA(hons) from Flinders University. She also completed a Graduate Diploma in Teaching from the University of Adelaide. After many years of successful primary and secondary teaching she moved to student counselling. She is well experienced as an adult counsellor and child consultant.
Why choose us? Professional, Reliable, Fast, Accessible, Affordable, Independent
As has been mentioned Dr Tant is in the unique position of having both a doctor of social work and a law degree. In the case of family disputes, it allows you to resolve many issues in one spot rather than having a legal professional do some things and a counsellor do others. It's what sets us apart from other counselling services. Ms Turner has had many years teaching, preparing child reports and counselling adults.
Effective counselling and mediation require extensive training and you deserve the best. For example, a vague and confusing parenting plan that says nothing about important issues is worse than no parenting plan at all. When comparing counsellors and mediators ask:
- Are they an experienced social worker?
- Do they hold a doctorate specializing in therapy for depression and anxiety?
- Are they fully accredited with the Australian Association of Social Workers and so carry out continuous professional development.
- Are they are an accredited mental health practitioner and a registered Medicare provider?
For mediation some additional questions are warranted:
- Do they have a law degree?
- Are they an admitted practitioner that requires they carry out continuous professional development?
For Dr Tant the answer to all these questions is 'yes'.
Dr Tant's counselling and mediation academic records
Private Counselling and Mediation provides a full range of high quality services.
- Counselling. including relationship counselling, family counselling, marital counselling and individual counselling.
- Mediation, ADR or conflict resolution, including property settlements and parenting plans for separating couples (opposite and same sex).
- A Children's Contact Service that is mobile, child focused, professional and private. This assists parents in the northern suburbs of Adelaide and the Barossa to maintain there relationship with their child or children with whom they do not live.
Reliable and fast- no weeks sitting on a waiting lists
Private Counselling and Mediation is small, but smallness can have advantages as there is no juggling of large groups of clients and staff. Service is delivered promptly, flexibly and efficiently. Private Counselling and Mediation has no long waiting lists.
Accessible- Australia wide
Private counselling and Mediation is based in the Barossa Valley. However Private Counselling and Mediation's services are widely available using face to face, telephone or online. Areas covered include:
- The Barossa Valley, including Lyndoch, Tanunda, Nuriootpa and Angaston where we come to you or you come to us.
- The Northern suburbs, including Gawler, Elizabeth and Salisbury where we come to you or you come to us and
- Australia wide by face to face, telephone, Skype, Facebook and email.
Our services are either free because Dr Tant is a registered Medicare provider who bulk bills or available at fees well below those recommended by the Australian Association of Social Workers.