Private Counselling and Mediation offers two distinct, but overlapping services.
1. Counselling including Marital Counselling, Family Counselling, Individual Counselling and Online Counselling
We use counselling and psychotherapy to assist you in solving your emotional, behavioural and relationship problems. We are Mental Health Social Workers accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers to use evidence based Focused Psychological Interventions, including Cognitive Behavioural and Interpersonal Therapy. Our family counselling, marital counselling, individual counselling and online counselling helps with many mental health issues including:
2. Mediation/ADR/Conflict Resolution
Mediation is a way of resolving disputes between people where a third party, the mediator, assists them to negotiate a settlement. Our focus is family mediation and as such we are Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners (FDRP's) accredited by the Commonwealth Attorney General's department . We provide:
- Property mediation
- Parenting mediation (including child inclusive mediation)
- Shuttle mediation (where parties are at different locations)
- Section 60I certificates
Distance is no barrier
We serve the Barossa Valley (including Lyndoch, Tanunda, Nuriootpa and Angaston) and the Northern Suburbs (including Gawler, Elizabeth and Salisbury). We also serve the whole of Australia because our counselling and mediation services can be conducted using any combination of the following ways of communicating:
- Face to face for short distances, where either you attend our rooms or we come to you.
- Telephone, Skype or Facebook, which can be particularly useful for FIFO, interstate or rural clients.
- Email, which works best for people who enjoy expressing themselves in writing.